[c-nsp] N7K QoS with FEXes

Tóth András diosbejgli at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 14:22:40 EST 2013

The four ports on the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series switch that connect to the
uplink ports are fabric ports. Only QoS policies can be configured on the
server-facing FEX ports. Currently, queuing on the FEX interfaces is not
supported.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/6_x/nx-os/qos/configuration/guide/overview.html

Since it's not possible to apply QoS config on the FEX fabric ports, by
applying DSCP marking on the FEX host ports, packets ingressing on those
ports will retain the DSCP value while going to the parent N7k. In any
case, you might want to confirm with a SPAN capture.

Best regards,
Andras