[c-nsp] (no subject)

Markus H hauschild.markus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 16:21:03 EST 2013

Hi,

I want to add VPN support to a cisco 7200 (w/ NPE300). Use case would
be secure remote management (of the 7200 and other gear at the site)
from a Linux-based computer.

Pretty much my only requirement would be that the VPN is usable out of
the box with standard Linux tools or the open-source vpnc client (the
proprieatry cisco vpn client is a no-go, it has proven to be too
unstable and broken for me). Encryption is a strong plus but I think I
could somehow live without. Otherwise I don't need a large number of
connected clients or high data-rates.

So what are you using and what kind of VPN/Tunnel would you suggest in my case?

Thanks,
Markus