[c-nsp] list wisdom please, Cisco switches

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Mon Jan 14 19:29:53 EST 2013

Hi,

We are looking to install cisco switches to feed an apartment complex with internet.
Each unit has a Cat5e cable back to a common room.
We have our own fiber into the common room that goes back to our pop.

We want to provide 10/100/1000 service options to the tenants.

The backhaul today will be 2 GigE ports, but would like in future to push 10Gig ports by replacing SFP with SFP+'s

Don't need PoE.

Do need to keep tenant A from being able to see tenant B's network.

Each switch needs to be no more than 24 ports (1 switch per Telco room per floor)

Need IPv4 and IPv6 (v6 is a must), Layer 3 and other goodies

Thoughts on which models ??

Thanks