[c-nsp] Router for wholesale DSL aggregation over L2TP

Ross Halliday ross.halliday at wtccommunications.ca
Wed Jan 16 15:19:12 EST 2013

If you're running those subscribers on an NPE-G1 right now then you should be fine. If you scale up you have the option of dumping an NPE-G2 in there. No idea about licensing. As far as configuration goes there should be a pile of examples out there on how to build an L2TP LNS. Here I've only dealt with L2TP in a LAC role as our Redback routers handle the final step.

If you weren't already aware, your Ethernet path will need to be able to accommodate a higher MTU for the L2TP-encapsulated stuff. This won't be a problem with the NPE-Gx's onboard ports.

Are you running PPPoE for your wireless subs as well?

Cheers
Ross
(Independent ISP that grew a little bigger)