[c-nsp] Rationale for ISIS default origination behavior

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 09:59:30 EST 2013

We have static routes on the ASBRs that point to the loopback of the eBGP
peer, then we redistribute those statics into ISIS. If a peer loopback goes
away, the network converges pretty quickly to the other available
connections.

But thinking about that, it once again makes me wonder why we are
redistributing the default into ISIS. If the default already exists in iBGP
and the next-hop is in ISIS, that's going to converge pretty quickly. I'll
have to think about this some more. There's probably some obvious factor
that I'm overlooking.