[c-nsp] ASR Faulty Sensor

Hagen AMEN hagen.a.amen at multco.us
Tue Jan 22 17:23:20 EST 2013

Antonio Soares wrote:

*> Anyone has seen something like this ?

> ASR1006# show facility-alarm status
> System Totals  Critical: 1  Major: 0  Minor: 0
>
> Source              Severity      Description [Index]
> ------              --------      -------------------
> Temp: Center 0/15          CRITICAL      Faulty Temperature Sensor [0]
>
> We are not able to clear this alarm. What should be done here ?*

Antonio, I've had that very issue on an ASR1006. That sensor (Center 0/15)
is located on SIP 0. If you do a 'show platform hardware slot 0 sensor prod
all', you should see sensor ID 15 isn't being polled (the "last polled"
field wasn't the same).

I opened a TAC case back in June, and was advised to power cycle the SIP.
The sensor is located on the SIP, not the chassis. A SIP reload, as part of
an already scheduled ISSU, cleared the sensor state. It has not recurred.
No bug ID was ever revealed, if it exists.

--
Hagen