[c-nsp] Cisco 6500 VLAN Question

Chris Gotstein chris at uplogon.com
Wed Jan 23 12:11:56 EST 2013

I have a Cisco 6506 Switch running IOS.  Here's what I'm trying to do:

Set a group of ports that are isolated from the rest of the switch, one
of the ports coming in will be a trunk port carrying multiple VLANs.  I
need to feed this traffic through this virtual switch to a bandwidth
shaper, retaining the original VLAN tags, then back into the 6506 on a
trunk port.  I tried doing this with a separate VLAN, but it appears
that the trunking would lose the vlan tags when coming through the
shaper and back into the 6500.  I'm having a mental block on how to make
this work, any suggestions?

--
Chris Gotstein, Network Engineer, U.P. Logon/Computer Connection U.P.
http://uplogon.com | +1 906 774 4847 | chris at uplogon.com