[c-nsp] ISR G2 Interface RX Performance

Blake Dunlap ikiris at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 21:38:27 EST 2013

Overruns on a software platform router are generally the router being too
underpowered for what you're pushing. Jumping up to an E series (you might
can just replace the engine, I forget which of the parts are modular) would
fix this I think in your specific example, or for a little more depending
on what you have on the horizon, the 1001 asr

Another option is lightly shaping out from the switch if you don't want to
upgrade immediately down to a more absorb-able rate for the router
platform. You're probably barely breaking the threshold just due to the
arrival rate, and I've had success solving this in this manner for a client
in the past who didn't want to spend. Just be aware of the jitter this will
introduce as a consequence.

-Blake