[c-nsp] Difference between ISIS NSR and ISIS NSF Cisco-Style

Dhamija Amit amiitdhamija at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 06:44:45 EST 2013

 Hi Olive

I have a one more query with HA mode . can we configure both NSR and NSF together , and if so during switchover which one is triggered first NSR or NSF .

I have two reasons for going into this deployement approch.

1> If someof my neighbour is not NSF capable or by mistake NSF gracefull config is not enabled or removed from any neighbour.NSR will take care for those neighbours.

2> During testing on CRS with scalability figures ,after switchover  it was taking 4 mins of time to fully sync all the routing information with standby and if there is one more switchover during that time span , NSF can take care.

What do you suggest as best practice deployements for NSR/NSF considering above two points.

Thanks
Amit Dhamija