[c-nsp] How to tell what routes are not in CEF and follow DEFAULT path?

Clint Wade jarod.wade at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 17:16:27 EDT 2013

The only way I am aware of would be to do a "show ip cef <Intf>" on the
interfaces facing your ISP. Although if you're carrying a full BGP table
that's most likely all you would see. The only other way I am aware of via
the cef table is to do a "show ip cef <10.10.10.1> where the 1 is a valid
host in that internal network, CEF will output the entry for the interface
that subnet is routed to.

All of these require legwork and are not completely automated. Any routes
that CEF kicks back as not having an internal route are going to show a
next-hop via 0.0.0.0/0