[c-nsp] CISCO ME3600X ARP ISSUE

Antonis Vosdoganis avosdo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 08:30:11 EDT 2013

Hello everyone

I am facing a issue with our Metro Ethernet switch. I have directly
connected a Patton SmartNode 4528 Voip Gateway Router to the Cisco Switch
which is the Default Gateway (46.245.137.1). Patton GW every 20 minutes
sends an ARP request asking for default gateways mac address.

Cisco ME3600X is not responding to Patton ARP request so Patton is losing
ip connectivity since is thinking that Default Gateway is down.

Routing Protocol is ISIS. I have made the some tests with a Catalyst 2960G
which is responding to Patton ARP request.

Switch Port configuration

interface GigabitEthernet0/23

switchport trunk allowed vlan none

switchport mode trunk

load-interval 30

service instance 333 ethernet

encapsulation untagged

service-policy input CORPORATE_IN_10MB

service-policy output CORPORATE_OUT_10MB

bridge-domain 333

interface Vlan333

bandwidth 10000

ip address 46.245.137.1 255.255.255.248

load-interval 30

#show ip protocols

*** IP Routing is NSF aware ***

Routing Protocol is "isis"

Outgoing update filter list for all interfaces is not set

Incoming update filter list for all interfaces is not set

Redistributing: static, isis

Address Summarization:

   None

  Maximum path: 4

Passive Interface(s):

  Vlan333

  Loopback0

Cisco ME3600X is running IOS me360x-universalk9-mz.153-1.S1.bin

I have attached 2 wireshark traces one from 3600 and one from 2960.

Regards

Antonis.