[c-nsp] CISCO ME3600X ARP ISSUE

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Jul 3 10:46:26 EDT 2013

On 03/07/2013 13:30, Antonis Vosdoganis wrote:
> I am facing a issue with our Metro Ethernet switch. I have directly
> connected a Patton SmartNode 4528 Voip Gateway Router to the Cisco Switch
> which is the Default Gateway (46.245.137.1). Patton GW every 20 minutes
> sends an ARP request asking for default gateways mac address.
>
> Cisco ME3600X is not responding to Patton ARP request so Patton is losing
> ip connectivity since is thinking that Default Gateway is down.

Hi Antonis,

Your attachments didn't come through.  Can you post them on
http://cloudshark.org/ so that we can take a look?

> Routing Protocol is ISIS. I have made the some tests with a Catalyst 2960G
> which is responding to Patton ARP request.

ISIS has nothing to do with default gateways.

You haven't provided enough configuration to determine what the problem is.
 What vlan is the patton device connected to, and what are the port
configuration settings on the Catalyst 2960G for the ports which connect to
the ME3600 and the Patton device.

If the patton device is on vlan 333 and the 2960G-ME3600X link is
configured as a dot1q trunk on the 2960 side, then you need to use this on
the ME3600X side:

--
interface GigabitEthernet0/23
switchport trunk allowed vlan none