[c-nsp] VSS

Harry Hambi harry.hambi at bbc.co.uk
Wed Jul 3 10:35:24 EDT 2013

Hi All,
We have two vss pairs , lets call them vss 1, vss 2. Vss 1 was turned off in order to test HSRP capabilities, this made vss 2 the active router for several vlans. We found the follwing issues:
Loopback address & HSRP address on vss 2 were not contactable. Vss 2 was forwarding traffic. Could this be a management plane issue, hardware?. Vss pairs running 12.2.(33) sx14

Rgds
Harry

Harry Hambi BEng(Hons)  MIET  Rsgb

http://www.bbc.co.uk