[c-nsp] VSS

Painting, Stuart Stuart.Painting at TheAA.com
Wed Jul 3 11:16:54 EDT 2013

Me, I'd be checking ingress and/or egress ACLs on the surviving links.
With vss1 switched off, traffic may be taking an "unusual" path to vss2.

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of
Harry Hambi
Sent: 03 July 2013 15:35
To: 'cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net'
Subject: [c-nsp] VSS

Hi All,
We have two vss pairs , lets call them vss 1, vss 2. Vss 1 was turned
off in order to test HSRP capabilities, this made vss 2 the active
router for several vlans. We found the follwing issues:
Loopback address & HSRP address on vss 2 were not contactable. Vss 2 was
forwarding traffic. Could this be a management plane issue, hardware?.
Vss pairs running 12.2.(33) sx14

Rgds
Harry

Harry Hambi BEng(Hons)  MIET  Rsgb

http://www.bbc.co.uk
may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless
specifically stated.
If you have received it in
Do not use, copy or disclose the
immediately.