[c-nsp] Sup-720 fabric failures

Robert Williams Robert at CustodianDC.com
Fri Jul 5 07:31:05 EDT 2013

Yes we do also have some at one site where they sit at 16-18 celsius ;) all day without issues. Occasionally they complain about low warning threshold but they never fail.

I'm confused how the issue can remain despite a complete component swap, apart from the gbics. Is it even feasible they could cause a SP / fabric crash?

Also just to confirm the original temperature issue is resolved be the kit is back at 21 again now. So this 'new' chassis crash is not a temperature issue I don't believe. Just has the same fabric error / crashdump. Makes little sense to me so I was hoping someone might have either seen something similar with 15.1 or GBICs causing crashes...?

Sent from my iPhone

On 5 Jul 2013, at 12:24, "Phil Mayers" <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 05/07/13 12:22, Robert Williams wrote:
>> Slightly warmer than that, a cosy 15 degrees Celsius I'm afraid...
>
> That's really weird. We have operated sup720 in places that cool.
>
>> Any ideas?
>
> None spring to mind, beyond a really odd hardware fault.

Robert Williams
Custodian Data Centre
Email: Robert at CustodianDC.com
http://www.CustodianDC.com