[c-nsp] MPLS down to the CPE

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Jul 8 05:23:25 EDT 2013

On (2013-07-08 12:19 +0300), Saku Ytti wrote:

> On (2013-07-08 10:33 +0200), Adam Vitkovsky wrote:

> > since the advent of RFC 3107 and is how any big scale inter-as MPLS opt10C
> > should have been deployed.
>
> OptC has been undeployable for most of its history, just recently IOS-XR

Gaah I meant to write OptB. OptC I saw no point ever, full-trust needed and
only thing you really might save is SPF complexity, which isn't deciding
factor in convergence anyhow.

I've never seen anything but OptA in inter-AS MPLS NNI. OptB would be
great, but as per previous mail, lack of security excludes it. OptC I've
only seen in shops doing BGP confed et (euch).

--
  ++ytti