[c-nsp] IOS XR and router rib rump always-replicate

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Jul 8 06:22:34 EDT 2013

On Monday, July 08, 2013 09:49:50 AM Adam Vitkovsky wrote:

> Yes I'm interested in the full blown NG-MVPN with x-PMSI
> MP2MP/P2MP MLDP with BGP-AD, though right now I'd be
> thankful for any mLDP support, but for that I guess I'd
> have to wait about a year or so. And I hope the -CX
> platform is going to able to forward m-cast or use
> port-channels in the meantime.

I just did a quick scan on current support and found these
for the CRS and ASR9000:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4.2/multicast/configuration/guide/b_mcast_cg42asr9k_chapter_01.html#concept_DDFFD955C56946EA8A640A680FFEB6EC
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/crs/software/crs_r4.2/multicast/configuration/guide/b_mcast_cg42crs_chapter_00.html#concept_DDFFD955C56946EA8A640A680FFEB6EC

The documentation on the ASR1000 is not the full suite, just
mLDP without BGP C-multicast. Not sure when support is fully
coming to the ASR1000, but last time I checked, it was meant
to be 2013.

There was some internal tussle between whether BGP C-
multicast was coming in IOS XR 4.x or 5. Since I'm not
running any IPTv services now, I'm not tracking this quite
as much, although it is something we're getting Cisco to
commit to for when we need to move video on the network.

p2mp RSVP-TE support has been supported on the CRS since IOS
XR 3.9.0, and I used it with a Juniper edge (with major but
fixable inter-op issues) in IOS XR 4.

The ASR9000 got p2mp RSVP-TE in IOS XR 4.1.0, but I haven't
run it on that platform.

Mark.