[c-nsp] Cisco 6500 mounting with cables

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Jul 8 09:39:24 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 01:01:32PM +0000, Alan Buxey wrote:
> Interesting kit.  Regarding fan unit -  have had plenty of blade/sup swaps and failures. .. no fan tray (now I've said that. ......) the only time we had a fan swap was for a wholesale upgrade to e-series so ALL kit got taken out.

We've had a couple of fan tray swaps - usually the bearings in one of the
individual fans go bad, and the fan monitoring notices and complains
loudly...  but the affected boxes have been in service for quite some time,
like "about 10 years", so the overall reliability is still amazing.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de