[c-nsp] Cisco 6500 mounting with cables

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Mon Jul 8 10:25:23 EDT 2013

On Jul 8, 2013, at 7:12 AM, Chris Marget <chris at marget.com> wrote:

> I've often lamented that Cisco no longer ships blades with RJ21
> connectors. I worked in a couple of shops where tens of thousands of
> user ports used this type of line card, and there were no cable
> management problems at the face of the switch.
>
> I don't see any technical reason to have abandoned this connector.
> Maybe it didn't sell?

I've sold more then a few of the 2900 LRE units (within the last two years even) - the feeling I got from end users was that it was expensive to deploy due to the cost of 25 pair cat5, the ends, and tool, and thus they only used it for when they wanted to have everything back-hauled from a further punch down block.

Just my experiences, but I do like how the LREs worked.

Brielle