[c-nsp] MPLS down to the CPE

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Jul 8 11:31:49 EDT 2013

On (2013-07-08 17:14 +0200), Mark Tinka wrote:

> We, at the time, opted to wait for IP LFA since RSVP-TE in
> the Access (even just to the adjacent PE routers) just
> didn't look administratively feasible, let alone scale :-).

Even tLDP needed for rLFA is less than desirable, additional states
seemingly arbitrarily signalled up and down.  Segment routing[0] provides
100% coverage for LFA like functionality without any additional signalling
between the devices.

[0] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-filsfils-rtgwg-segment-routing-use-cases-00#section-3

EFT program exists for IOS-XR/ASR9k at least.
--
  ++ytti