[c-nsp] Cisco 6500 mounting with cables

Jeremy Bresley brez at brezworks.com
Mon Jul 8 20:06:29 EDT 2013

On 7/8/2013 8:28 AM, Chris Marget wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Ricardo Stella <stella at rider.edu> wrote:
>> Ok my math is off and got curious...  It would be 6 gig ports.
> Yes. So a 48 port blade would require 8 RJ21 connectors, which is not
> unprecedented: http://bit.ly/156LDdK
>
> I'm not saying it's not crowded, just that it's better (IMO) than 48
> individual cables.

Let me know where you find those Cat6 rated Amphenol cables at. That's
the reason I've heard behind the demise of RJ21 connectors. Having used
a couple 5500s full of them out to patch panels, they were convenient
and easier to swap out a module if you didn't have the tiny fine-pitch
screws get cross threaded when they were put in.  Just hope you don't
have to wrestle the bundle of cables out of the way, or you'll feel like
a boa constrictor got loose in the server room.

Jeremy "TheBrez" Bresley
brez at brezworks.com