[c-nsp] Cisco 6500 mounting with cables

Chris Marget chris at marget.com
Tue Jul 9 09:35:17 EDT 2013

> Let me know where you find those Cat6 rated Amphenol cables at. That's the reason I've heard behind the demise of RJ21 connectors.

No need for Cat6. 1000BASE-T only calls for Cat5, same as 100BASE-TX.
Heck, it's right in the title of 802.3ab.

I'm curious whether folks here have found any benefit in using Cat5e
or Cat6 over Cat5 for Ethernet. Is there any?

It's almost hard to find Cat5 these days - what's driving the demand?
Surely people aren't buying Cat6 with TIA TSB-155 in mind, so why is
the market flooded with better-but-not-meaningfully-so cable?

Maybe there's a significant non-Ethernet use, like analog video transmission?