[c-nsp] vrf-lite routing

Dan Letkeman danletkeman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 22:12:27 EDT 2013

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone can direct me down the correct path.   I have been
asked by a friend to help replace an ISR2851 with a new ASR1001.   The 2851
currently does some route-maps for different networks and a few customers
as well as some shaping.  They want to use the ASR to peer with an ISP and
I suggested to use tunnel's and VRF's instead of trunking vlan's through
there network to the customers, like they are doing now.

The network currently consists of mostly 3k switches and either fiber or
wireless trunks to about 45 different locations.  The main goal is to
provide internet to each of the 45 locations each having there own public
ip/range.

My thought was to create tunnels from the ASR to each of the locations
(each have a 3560 switch) and then to create VRF's on each tunnel and
assign a public IP to each VRF and then advertise those networks into the
global BGP table.

First time I have done anything like this...Any thoughts?

Dan.