[c-nsp] Cisco 6500 mounting with cables

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Sun Jul 21 16:00:18 EDT 2013

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013, Jon Lewis wrote:

>>  "This solution connects Cisco Catalyst 6800ia access switches to Cisco
>>  Catalyst 6500 or 6800 Series core switches. The entire configuration works
>>  as a single extended switch with a single management domain."
>
> That must be pissing off the Nexus unit.

I thought the same thing when Cisco rolled out the 6800s about a month
ago.  I saw a lot of features that looked like they were put in
specifically to poach prospective Nexus customers.

>From what I've seen/heard/read, Cisco's corporate structure is more like a
loose collection of business units rather than a single corporate
entity.  The BUs have their own internal structure, budget, product
development teams, etc.  Product lines from one business unit sometimes
complete with very similar product lines fromanother business unit.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both approaches...

jms