[c-nsp] QoS

M K gunner_200 at live.com
Tue Jul 23 06:10:52 EDT 2013

Hi allI have configured QoS between two sites across my backbone , the classification was done based on telnet traffic and the marking was done based on the precedence valueI have configured to mark all telnet traffic with precedence value of 3 and I received it fine without any issues
Now my question is as belowWhen I first wrote telnet 7.7.7.7 and checked the output of show policy-map interface fastEthernet 1/0 | inc Class|packet
telnet 7.7.7.7    Class-map: PRECEDENCE_3 (match-all)        9 packets, 520 bytesUsername : cisco    Class-map: PRECEDENCE_3 (match-all)        16 packets, 905 bytesPassword : cisco    Class-map: PRECEDENCE_3 (match-all)        23 packets, 1290 bytesR7>exit    Class-map: PRECEDENCE_3 (match-all)        30 packets, 1674 bytes
I want to know what is the methodology used to count these numbers ?
Thanks