[c-nsp] Combine two 2-wire DSL

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 4 07:04:28 EDT 2013

Hi Pavel,

If you have a 4-wire capable card and the port on the dslam end is 4-wire then it is configured the same as 2-wire but you need to tell your router to use 4-wire mode. The 4 wires (two pair) are used at the DSL layer, not layer 3.

I don't know about a card in an 1841, but in an 878 (fixed chassis SHDSL) it is configured like this (real config from live/working router):

controller DSL 0
 mode atm
 line-mode 4-wire enhanced
 dsl-mode shdsl symmetric annex B
 line-rate 4096

Then you configure all the rest the same as a "normal" 2-wire service (no multilink, multiple PVC's, or anything more complex). When it negotiates the SHDSL with the DSLAM, it will use all four wires for the DSL "session" and should get the higher speed.

regards,
Tony.

 2-wire DSL's into one 4-wire DSL using Cisco