[c-nsp] Difference in IP FRR Link vs Per Prefix Option

Dhamija Amit amiitdhamija at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 05:01:26 EDT 2013

Hi Adam/Phil

I still have a one concern as per Phil with Per Link you can get Node protection also in some cases depends upon topology.So it means with Per link we can get node protection in some cased means it will see both Inequality 1 & 3 if it gets 3 good enough otherwise 1 is a must.

Also i am unable to understand the difference like if i say per prefix router will do SPF computation i.e it tries to find out LFA candidate for each and every prefix in router local IGP routing table.

With Per Link router will do SPF computation for all the prefixes learned through Primary next-hop so in terms of prefix coverage is concerned i don't see any prefix is left for LFA candidate only point is with per link is that all the prefixes with LFA will share the same backup path.

Thanks
Amit Dhamija