[c-nsp] ipv6

Jay Ford jay-ford at uiowa.edu
Thu Jun 6 09:12:55 EDT 2013

On Thu, 6 Jun 2013, Aaron wrote:
> Thanks Jay, can you issue a /56 via SLAAC ?  ...DHCPv6 ?....  in otherwords,
> is there an automated/dynamic way to issue this /56 you mention ?

SLAAC deals strictly with individual addresses within /64 prefixes.

Prefix delegation is a function of DHCPv6.  I don't do it because I don't
need it, so I can't comment further.  This looks like a decent place to start
reading about it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefix_delegation

It sounds like you should do some basic reading on IPv6.  Google should turn
up tons of hits.  Maybe others on the list will provide some book...