[c-nsp] Sup720 hanging after rommon starts loading IOS

"Rolf Hanßen" nsp at rhanssen.de
Tue Jun 18 06:37:13 EDT 2013

Hi,

now got another annoying card, this one does not boot from bootdisk:

--------------------------------------
System Bootstrap, Version 8.5(4)
Cat6k-Sup720/SP processor with 1048576 Kbytes of main memory

Autoboot executing command: "boot
bootdisk:/s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH.bin"

Initializing ATA monitor library...
monlib.open(): Open Error = -66
loadprog: error - on file open
boot: cannot load "bootdisk:/s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH.bin"
Exit at the end of BOOT string
rommon 1 > dev
Devices in device table:
        id  name
 bootdisk:  boot disk
    disk0:  PCMCIA Disk 0
    disk1:  PCMCIA Disk 1
    eprom:  eprom
rommon 2 > dir bootdisk:

Initializing ATA monitor library...
monlib.open(): Open Error = -66
dir: cannot open device "bootdisk:"
rommon 3 >
--------------------------------------

That is a 3bxl.
After replacing the battery I was able to flash the ROMMONs. ;)

Same adapter + same flash card boots in another Sup720 with same ROMMON
versions.
Also tried version 8.5.3 and 8.4.2.
RP has 12.2(17r)SX7 installed (I guess that does not matter anyway).
Booting from disk0: works fine, I can access sup-bootdisk: from within IOS.
I already tried to format it and copy IOS image again but that looks to me
like somthing prior to the magic number things.

Any further idea ?

kind regards
Rolf