[c-nsp] IPv6 Deployment / 6PE

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Mon Jun 24 10:27:49 EDT 2013

(I'm looking at my ios xr asr9k doing this and sending notes about how I did
it, I didn't do the rr yet, but I understand this is how it's done on rr
too)

IGW....

- Vrf defined...enable ipv6 address family on this vrf...
- Add internet interface to this vrf...
- add ipv6 address to this internet interface
- under bgp, under vrf, enable the appropriate ipv6 native type stuff for
bgp neighboring, etc (JUST LIKE V4)...but I have no idea why you need
send-label.
- enable mpls on connection towards your internal mpls cloud (toward your
rr) ...for 6vpe only v4 is needed on your internal net
- on the internal side, enable mpibgp with address-family vpnv6 unicast from
the igw to the rr on both sides and of course from rr to other internal pe's

RR....
- I think the vpvn6 af for that mpibgp session towards igw and other
internal pe's is all that is required on rr in order to support 6vpe

other internal pe's...

- Vrf defined...enable ipv6 address family on this vrf...
- Add customer facing interface to this vrf...
- add ipv6 address to this customer facing interface
- under bgp, under vrf, enable the appropriate ipv6 native type stuff for
customer facing pe-ce routing...but I have no idea why you need send-label.
- enable mpls on connection towards your internal mpls cloud (toward your
rr) ...for 6vpe only v4 is needed on your internal net
- on the internal side, enable mpibgp with address-family vpnv6 unicast from
the igw to the rr on both sides and of course from rr to other internal pe's

Aaron