[c-nsp] IOS XR and router rib rump always-replicate

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Mar 1 08:56:07 EST 2013

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013, Adam Vitkovsky wrote:

>> I have had to solve issues with multicast not working and started
>> working when the sources were put in SAFI multicast with as late
>> software as XR 4.2.1.
> Haven't you been using MSDP or inter-as multicast in your setup please?

I don't know what "inter-as multicast" is in this context. MSDP for me is
a way to exchange S,G between RPs within or between ASes.

My problem was multicast problem within my AS, not between them.

I haven't tried to get "Internet multicast" working for a few years,
basically because nobody used it. We had it working via transit and a few
peers a few years back, I have no idea if it works now or not.

Mikael Abrahamsson email: swmike at swm.pp.se