[c-nsp] IOS XR and router rib rump always-replicate

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Mar 1 13:23:04 EST 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 01, 2013 at 02:56:07PM +0100, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> I haven't tried to get "Internet multicast" working for a few years,
> basically because nobody used it. We had it working via transit and a few
> peers a few years back, I have no idea if it works now or not.

Our experience: it doesn't.  We turned it off with our upstreams a few
years back, because every time someone wanted to use it for real
("every few months") we found that some upstream changes had broken
it again, like "turning up new links but forgetting PIM on them" and
such.

And debugging this is a major nightmare, as you need clueful people
to look at every single step.  Which, unfortunately, neither of our
then-upstreams were able to provide ("we do not see a problem, can
we close the case?").

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de