[c-nsp] Influence VTI tunnel QoS based on remote site bw change?

Fernando Santos fernandomiguelsantos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 05:48:53 EST 2013

Good morning,

I would like to ask you all for some suggestions.

In my scenario there are several hundreds of remote sites and 2 central sites.
We're using IPSec VTI tunnels between the remote and central sites.
Each remote site has a primary and a backup circuit with different BW.

We were trying to figure out if there is a way to keep only 1 tunnel between each remote and central site, while if the primary circuit goes down on a remote site, the QoS policies are afected also on the central site VTI tunnel.
In other words, if there a way (or feature) that the central site notices that the remote end is now using a backup link, so the VTI tunnel uses another QoS policy effectively adapting to the new receiver BW?
With 2 tunnels per remote site, we could force each tunnel to only form itself on a specific circuit, but we were trying to avoid getting thousands of tunnels on the central sites.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Regards,
Fernando