[c-nsp] Influence VTI tunnel QoS based on remote site bw change?

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+cisco-nsp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 13:16:39 EST 2013

[resending using cisco-nsp subscribed address]

On Mar 6, 2013 5:13 AM, "Dale Shaw" <dale.shaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Fernando,
>
> On Mar 5, 2013 9:52 PM, "Fernando Santos" <fernandomiguelsantos at gmail.com>
wrote:

> >[…]
>
> > We were trying to figure out if there is a way to keep only 1 tunnel
between each remote and central site, while if the primary circuit goes
down on a remote site, the QoS policies are afected also on the central
site VTI tunnel.

> This is just an untested idea but perhaps you could combine EEM on the
spoke side with the "per-tunnel QoS" NHRP feature available for DMVPN?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/sec_secure_connectivity/configuration/guide/sec_per_tunnel_qos.html

> Maybe using EEM to change the NHRP parameters on the spoke's VTI when it
switches to the backup link is enough to signal to the hub that it should
use a different outbound service-policy.