[c-nsp] IOS XR and router rib rump always-replicate

Mattias Gyllenvarg Mattias.Gyllenvarg at Bredband2.se
Wed Mar 6 03:07:37 EST 2013

Sorry for the weak context.

I was just refering too removing PIM from within Core/Dist not inter-AS.

On 6 March 2013 08:26, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Mar 2013, Mattias Gyllenvarg wrote:
>
>  About that, Oliver, is multicast-BGP production ready in IOS ans IOS XR.
>> Specifically ASR9k, 7606 Sup720, ME3600X and 3560/3750?
>>

> People have been running multicast on XR (ASR9K) and 7600 since "forever".
> I'd be more worried about ME3600X and 3560/3750, but at least on the
> 3560/3750 they're mature platforms so I'd imagine it works there as well.
>

>  Whould be nice too remove PIM from the core, just as Gert says limited use
>> = limited support.
>>

> How is multicast supposed to work without PIM?
>
> What Gert was talking about was "Internet" multicast, ie multicast between
> ISPs. Watching NASA multicast streams for instance (I did this at my
> university in ~1995). Very few commercial ISPs support this.
>

> --

*Med Vänliga Hälsningar - Best Regards*

*Mattias Gyllenvarg*
*Nätutveckling*