[c-nsp] 4500-X 'Lite' IOS

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Wed Mar 6 10:38:53 EST 2013

I can't find any info on what the difference is on this.  This is of
course 4500 Sup 7 IOS - and 'universal', so licensed.  But on the download
page there is a lite and a non-lite version.  Strangely - the non-crypto
lite version of the latest is actually BIGGER than the non-lite.

I would imagine that 'lite' takes things away - but what ?  Is this more
for the 4500 chassis based line ?  On a fairly fixed config 1U switch like
the 4500-X I can't imagine why I would need so many options.

Apologies if I've missed something obvious (all searches for 'lite' just
hit on vrf-lite related stuff).  Thanks.

--
Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273
PGP Key fingerprint: