[c-nsp] Sup720 software forwarding

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Mar 8 10:57:37 EST 2013

On Fri, 2013-03-08 at 08:46 +0100, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> Theoretically, if one would happen to have a Sup720 that does software
> forwarding, how is it that one can check what the reason for punts is?

Ahh... anybody else notice that MAC move notification by default isn't
enabled on a Sup720? :-D

We still haven't found a way to see exactly why packets are punted but
in this case we now know it was because the MAC addresses were flapping
between interfaces. Since we hadn't enabled "mac address-table
notification mac-move" we didn't see it. I can't see why the packets
need to be punted though, since we don't log it.

Is there a way to rate-limit this kind of punting? Standard "mls
rate-limit" doesn't seem to have anything useful, unless I'm just too
tired to see it.

--
Peter