[c-nsp] access switch that supports per-vlan shaping

Waris Sagheer (waris) waris at cisco.com
Fri Mar 15 05:07:48 EDT 2013

Chris,
Have you looked at ASR901 with port based license?

Best Regards,

[http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/horizontal06.jpg]

Waris Sagheer
Technical Marketing Manager
Service Provider Access Group
waris at cisco.com<mailto:waris at cisco.com>
Phone: +1 408 853 6682
Mobile: +1 408 835 1389

CCIE - 19901

<http://www.cisco.com/>

[Think before you print.] Think before you print.

For corporate legal information go to:

From: Christopher Hunt <dharmachris at gmail.com<mailto:dharmachris at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:04 PM
To: "cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>" <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>>
Subject: [c-nsp] access switch that supports per-vlan shaping

I'm purchasing some ME-3600x switches to be the LSR/PE on L2 and L3 VPNs
but I need some good access-layer switches for single-homed sites, however,
to hang off the 3600Xs.  The switches need to be able to do per-vlan
shaping on the upstream port so we can support 30mbps for customerA, 15mbps
for customerB etc.  Policing is not cutting it as many customers are
baffled by the need to do their own shaping. Anyone have any suggestions?
I was thinking of the ME-3750 but those are EoL now.

cheers,
-Chris