[c-nsp] VSS to vPC - vPC to Etherchannel

Andrew Miehs andrew at 2sheds.de
Sat Mar 16 12:02:28 EDT 2013

The port channel would be up as soon as one of the interfaces is up using
static port-channels.
Which interfaces are you using on the 2960? I know you have probably
checked, but do they stay up when you remove the cables?
You don't have any like "no negotiate auto" enabled on the interfaces?

What does (on the 2960G - as that is where I would guess the problem is)
show etherchannel summary
show int g0/? (channels in etherchannel)
show run int g0/?
show run int port?

You may want to try default the old interfaces and creating a new
port-channel...
Seems to have helped some people in the past with strange portchannel
issues...

Good luck...

Andrew