[c-nsp] VSS to vPC - vPC to Etherchannel

John van Oppen jvanoppen at spectrumnet.us
Sat Mar 16 16:29:58 EDT 2013

>>> That was years ago, and is not good advice today.  Propably wasn't good advice then, but that depends on "how many years ago"...

Agreed.    LACP is the way to go, avoids all kinds of problems.   Static mode bundles fall into the same category in my mind as forcing speed/duplex on Ethernet, just a bad/old idea that bites you in the butt in many common failure scenarios.    What Gert points out about knowing both sides are configured right with LACP has saved us many times from a potential black-hole as a result of a loopback cable or tech placing a patch cable incorrectly.     That being said, on the IP side of our network (ie routed interfaces) we just use ECMP for most everything these days due to it being even easier to deal with from a troubleshooting and management standpoint.

Thanks,
John