[c-nsp] VSS to vPC - vPC to Etherchannel

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Sat Mar 16 17:31:52 EDT 2013

It's very easy to bring down a network when configuring "channel-mode on".
If we do it first on the root switch, the spanning-tree loop is already
there. Someone that wrote about this and explains some scenarios:

http://www.dasblinkenlichten.com/?p=684

"channel-mode on" is very bad and dangerous. I don't understand why some
design guides still have this...

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)
amsoares at netcabo.pt