[c-nsp] Sup2T - poor netflow performance

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Mar 27 08:50:43 EDT 2013

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013, Phil Mayers wrote:

> Obviously lots of people won't have this need, but it's the reason we would
> avoid sampling. Maybe it's an unreasonable thing to want - but we do want it
> ;o)

The important thing is to realise the limitations of the 6500/7600 when it
comes to netflow. For "Internet peering router at 10GE with typical
eyeball traffic" my opinion is that 6500/7600 doesn't have working
netflow.

I'm sure there are use cases where 6500/7600 netflow works just fine, but
not in the scenario a lot of poeple seem to want to use it.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se