[c-nsp] Sup2T - poor netflow performance

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Wed Mar 27 09:15:03 EDT 2013

On Mar 27, 2013, at 7:50 PM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

>  For "Internet peering router at 10GE with typical eyeball traffic" my opinion is that 6500/7600 doesn't have working netflow.

Sup2T/DFC4 fixes these issues, as well as the uRPF mode limitation and weird ACL threshold limitation.

The problem the OP is experiencing is likely a result of configuration issues, lots of punted traffic generating flows, or a bug.  The EARL8 ASIC solves all the previous issues associated with 6500/7600 NetFlow.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton