[c-nsp] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** SFPs for Nexus

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Thu Mar 28 10:32:21 EDT 2013

On 28.03.2013 14:36, Shane Heupel wrote:
> Is anyone using non-branded SFPs in their Nexus switches?  We have purchased some intel multi-rate SFPs and are curious if they would work in the Nexus.  Thus far, we've been able to get the ports to come up at 1Gig but can't get them to work at 10Gig.  If we put the SFPs in a 4948 10Gig port they come up at 10Gig.  Just curious if anyone else might have run into a similar issue.
What do you mean with "multi-rate SFPs"? Nexus switches (5500 anyway)
will take both SFP and SFP+ modules. A customer of ours has a pair of
5548U devices, in which we are running both types as OEM models (albeit,
Cisco-programmed) without any problems. The Nexus will even report them
as genuine Cisco :) (except for the copper 10G connectors, which are
original Cisco, but are reported as not being that)

If you have some SFPs which can be used as either 1G or 10G (never heard
of any), given the SFP/SFP+ combination ports on the Nexus, I would
imagine this could lead to some unpredictable behavior ... get some
fixed 10G SFP+ and you should be safe ...

-gg