[c-nsp] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** SFPs for Nexus

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Thu Mar 28 11:13:19 EDT 2013

On 28/03/2013 14:32, Garry wrote:
> If you have some SFPs which can be used as either 1G or 10G (never heard of
> any), given the SFP/SFP+ combination ports on the Nexus, I would imagine
> this could lead to some unpredictable behavior ... get some fixed 10G SFP+
> and you should be safe ...

Almost all sfp and sfp+ transceivers are multirate, but they vary quite a
lot.  For SFPs, some will do 100M, and many will handle up to 2.5G.  For
SFP+, some of them will handle 4G FC, almost all of them will handle both
8G FC and 10G ethernet, and many of them will handle rates greater than 10G
for stuff like SDH.  Some will also do 1G.

The OP needs to get transceivers will are coded to cisco specs.  There are
a couple of third party suppliers who will do this and who will provide
ongoing support for this.

Nick