[c-nsp] 6509 crash, and the following upgrade

Wed May 1 10:23:23 EDT 2013

Well the inevitable happened.  We have 2x 6509-NEB-A running sup 720 3bxl's and after 5 years of uptime, one of them finally crashed.  Showing a parity error, Cisco gave the usual song and dance "software parity error means it was probably a solar flare" so we are going to take the opportunity to do an IOS upgrade...

Anyone know of a good tool for checking for syntax changes as we change IOS and boot versions?  Or is there a decent service out there we could rent "lab" equipment of our current config to test the upgrade?

Thanks,
Blake