[c-nsp] 6509 crash, and the following upgrade

Raymond Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Thu May 2 06:37:41 EDT 2013

> Anyone know of a good tool for checking for syntax changes as we change
> IOS and boot versions?  Or is there a decent service out there we could
rent
> "lab" equipment of our current config to test the upgrade?

We use Rancid from shrubbery.net to do this sort of thing.  It takes config
snapshots once an hour, diffs the versions, and emails the results.  Other
state info is captured at the same time, like stuff from the 'dir' command.
With this type of tool, you can see what happens before and after  a
reboot/upgrade.

believed to be clean.