[c-nsp] Ang: ME3600X Output Drops

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Tue May 7 17:57:09 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I think we have finally got rid of the drops on ME3600X by using the
following config on each EVC:

policy-map PM-CUST-DEFAULT-20M-OUT
 description limiting to 20 Mbps
 class CM-DUMMY
 class class-default
  shape average 20000000
  queue-limit percent 100

The key for us was 'queue-limit percent 100'. With statically defined
queue depth, even with 2MB of buffer per EVC we were getting drops on
4Mb/s flows. I was told that with this sets the buffers to dynamically
allocated as needed.
This is using 15.3(2)S.

kind regards
Pshem