[c-nsp] Ang: ME3600X Output Drops

Waris Sagheer (waris) waris at cisco.com
Wed May 8 17:10:49 EDT 2013

Pshem,
The buffers on ME3600X are 18 MB per ASIC. Basically 18 MB for 24 gig ports and 18 MB for 2x10Gig ports.
The buffers are dynamically allocated using intelligent resource scheduler. There is no reserved buffer and the pool is global. Drops are seen due to microburst since defaults are not able to handle big burst.
With this new enhancement (percent based queue-limit) introduced in 15.3(1)S,  you can eliminate or significantly reduce output drops.
BTW the system allows oversubscription in terms of configuration so you can configure more than one queue as 100% percent assuming not all of them will be congested as the same time.

Best Regards,

[http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/horizontal06.jpg]

Waris Sagheer
Technical Marketing Manager
Service Provider Access Group
waris at cisco.com<mailto:waris at cisco.com>
Phone: +1 408 853 6682
Mobile: +1 408 835 1389

CCIE - 19901

<http://www.cisco.com/>

[Think before you print.] Think before you print.

For corporate legal information go to: