[c-nsp] Metro Ethernet nightmares (L2PT, PBB-VPLS, Load Balancing, EVPN)

Mattias Gyllenvarg Mattias.Gyllenvarg at Bredband2.se
Tue May 7 22:19:32 EDT 2013

Hey Holger

EVPN is basiclly in beta and still a pipe dream on any realworld network as
far as I can see it.

Completely transparent, we react to nothing the customers sends above
ethernet switcing.

Any loadbalancing is done in IGP or in a few cases MPLS-TE manipulating IGP.

I have a feeling that your failing too separate the layers here. And also
perhaps, you may be fixing problems that you dont have yet.

We are aware of the semi-unfixable issues of AoMPLS "clouds" and are
awaiting EVPN too fix it as there is no real sollution to fix all this.
Except IP-VPN :)

--
*Med Vänliga Hälsningar - Best Regards*

*Mattias Gyllenvarg*